Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia Region located in the northeast coast of the Iberian Peninsula. If you enjoy culture, sports, good weather, shopping, gastronomy, etc… Barcelona is the city to visit!
Independent what are you favorite activities… there is something for you in Barcelona.
- Plenty of Arts and Culture activities… from Antoni Gaudi buildings as the Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló or Park Guëll, to museums as Picasso or Miró museum, to Cosmo Caixa or CCCB.
- Gastronomy… really amazing restaurants in Barcelona, you can taste from tapas restaurant to several Michelin starts restaurants.
- Sports… Do you like soccer? So you know FCB (Futbol Club Barcelona) certainly. But there is much more… Visit all Olympic Games 1992 building, like the Olympic Stadium or practice your favorite sport as sailing, golf, etc.
- Spend a day in the Beach… just a couple of blocks way from the Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Shopping… lots of options in the center of Barcelona (and July is sales period!)
Check also the tourism web of Barcelona…
How to reach Barcelona? See http://www.barcelonaturismo.com/en/how-reach/