The 12th edition of the Metaheuristics International Conference (MIC 2017) and the XII Metaheurísticas, Algoritmos Evolutivos y Bioinspirados (MAEB 2017) will be held in Barcelona, Spain, from the 4th to 7th July 2017.
The MIC conference series was established in 1995 and this is its 12th edition. MIC is the main event focusing on the progress of the area of Metaheuristics and their applications. As in previous editions, MIC 2017 will provide an opportunity to the international research community in Metaheuristics to discuss recent research results, to develop new ideas and collaborations, and to meet old and make new friends in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Presentations covering all aspects of Metaheuristic research such as new algorithmic developments, industrial applications, new research challenges, theoretical developments, implementation issues, in-depth experimental studies, hybrid metaheuristics, etc. are welcome.
The MIC 2017 will be organized jointly with the MAEB (Metaheurísticas, Algoritmos Evolutivos y Bioinspirados), the most well known conference in the area of Metaheuristics, Evolutionary and Bio-Inspired Algorithms.
Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Techniques such as tabu search, simulated annealing, iterated local search, variable neighborhood search, bio-inspired algorithms, memory-based optimization, evolutionary algorithms, memetic algorithms, ant colony optimization, particle swarm optimization, scatter search, path relinking, hybrid metaheuristics, simheuristics, matheuristics, etc. Including techniques that enhance the usability and increase the potential of metaheuristic algorithms such as parallelization of algorithms, reactive search mechanisms for self-tuning, offline metaheuristic algorithm configuration techniques, algorithm portfolios, etc.
- Empirical and Theoretical Research in metaheuristics including large-scale experimental analyses, algorithm comparisons, new experimental methodologies, engineering methodologies for stochastic local search algorithms, search space analysis, theoretical insights into properties of metaheuristic algorithms. Including applications of well-known and classical problems as Traveling Salesman Problem, Vehicle Routing Problems, Scheduling Problems, Location Problems, etc.
- Industrial Applications of metaheuristics in fields such as transportation, health care, bioinformatics, data mining, planning and scheduling, production and operations management, economics, marketing, telecommunications, logistics and supply chains, etc. Particularly, it is welcomed are innovative applications of metaheuristics with high impact in real business and organization.
- Contributions on the Interface of Metaheuristics with other disciplines, such as agent-based models, integer programming, constraint programming, machine learning, deep learning, etc.
- Challenging New Problems such as big data and large-scale optimization problems, multi-objective, stochastic, dynamic problems and new challenge problems.
- 11th Metaheuristics International Conference (MIC 2015), Agadir, Morocco, 7 -10th June 2015
- 10th Metaheuristics International Conference (MIC 2013), Singapore, 5 -8th August 2013
- Metaheurísticas, Algoritmos Evolutivos y Bioinspirados (MAEB 2016) , Salamanca, Spain, 13-15 September 2016
- Metaheurísticas, Algoritmos Evolutivos y Bioinspirados (MAEB 2015) , Merida, Spain, 4-6 February 2015